Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Strippy pouches

I've been mostly working on large quilts for a while, so I wanted to make a small project so I could play with some already cut fabric strips. The strips was neatly stacked, but they occupied a lot of space on my cutting table. I've been wanting to make some small purses/bags with zipper for a while, after seeing a lot of gorgeous ones here in Blogland and on Facebook. I'm not so crazy about working with zippers, so I had to challenge myself and get to it :-)
Found this cute pattern over at Moda Bake shop called "Strippy Charm pouch".

I ended up making three pouches in two days, so this was not so hard :-) Easy to make stuff like this when the fabric is already cut, and fun too!
They all found new homes pretty fast :-) I love making people I care about, happy :-)

I'm working on a gorgeous quilt using this fabric line. It's the "Vintage Modern" by Bonnie & Camille. It's a secret quilt, but I'll post a photo of it when it's finished ;o)
Today it's my Wednesday off work, so I'll be spending some time in my sewing room between housework-duty ;o) 

Wish you all a Happy Wednesday!
Laila

4 comments:

Mona said...

Bydelige punger og glidelåsene fikk du også til....nydelige stoffer....

Mitt lille rosa syrom said...

Fine punger :-)

Lappedamen said...

Nydelige stoffer. Ser jo ut som glidlåssyingen har gått bra. Lekre ble de.

Kim Brackett said...

The pouches are adorable! Looking forward to seeing the secret quilt -- I love that fabric collection!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin