Sunday, January 19, 2014

Been quilting again :o)

I have finished a beautiful quilt made by a lady in my local quilt guild. She delivered this quilt to me before Christmas. I got to load it up on the longarm frame this weekend, and finished the quilting on it. I used a panto she wanted called "Marbled feathers" from Lorien Quilting. I used wool batting and Aurifil thread. This is a large quilt, so I didn't get to take a photo of the whole thing. I think it looks very nice, and I hope the owner will like it too :o)
 Close up of some of the blocks:

I have also quilted a beautiful quilt made by another lady in my local quilt guild. We went to a class together to make this quilt. The quilt is called "Leavez" by Jane Mullen. I just love the red/cream colors.
It's quilted using "Angel wings" panto from Lorien Quilting and Aurifil thread. She wanted cotton batting, and it looks so soft.

 Close up of some of the blocks:

 I quilted and binded one of my own quilts a while ago. Just haven't got to take a photo of it before now. I finished the top months ago, but haven't got to quilt it before because of the moving.
It's quilted using a panto called "Fantasia" from Lorien Quilting. I love the texture of this pattern, and it really looks nice with the wool batting. Used Aufifil thread on this too.

Close up:

Our two cute furballs are really fun creatures. And they have a kind "big brother" that offer them his jacket to cuddle in :o) Pretty cute!!

Wish you all a great and creative new week, with lots of sewing and quilting!
Laila

2 comments:

mary e said...

first time to your blog!! i see where you made the mill girls's quilt. i saw this quilt in the elm creek book, fell in love with it. but, still haven't finished it( getting closer, almost have the top together.) would love to see photos of your quilt and others who worked on the bom

Ulla's Quilt World said...

The quilts are so stunning! I love them! :)
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin