Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm still here!

I've been totally neglecting my blog (again) for a while. I haven't felt like doing much sewing since I've been bothered by a nasty cold the last two weeks, and it's been stealing all my energy. I think every second person I know, have had this long lasting cold, so I guess it's a typical Fall-thing.


The other day I got to put the binding on a table runner I made before Christmas last year. Since I didn't get to finish it back then, I put it in one of my UFO-bins. It's nice to dig out a UFO that don't need much work before it's totally finished :o)
I finished sewing the binding by hand last night, and it's all wrapped up ready to be given as a present to someone in my family later today, as a wedding present :o) 
I've made several table runners like this, and I have to admit it's one of my favorite patterns. 




I'm so happy to tell you that my mom finally fell in love with patchwork, and she has made some lovely blocks from a pattern called "Britt-Lisa's blomsterkurver" made by AnnAKa.
She is almost finished with a pillow (needs quilting) and the stitcheries for a table runner. Looks great, right?


I think it's so fun that she is into patchwork, too. I think she's addicted already :o) 


It's a beautiful Autumn day today, the sun really makes the Autumn colors sparkle. I wish I was feeling better, so I could do a little photo-walk today, but I guess I have to take it easy a couple of days more. Running on low batteries, would make it a very short trip anyway. 
I will try to do a little progress on the secret quilt I'm working on instead. Hand sewing is a nice and easy thing to enjoy on a day like this :o)


Wish you all a great weekend!
Hugs 
Laila

3 comments:

Gail said...

Love the baskets and flowers!

LeKaQuilt said...

Løperen en nydelig og jeg kan godt forstå hvorfor dette er en stor favoritt. Det er en nydelig gave å få. Mamma'n din har vært kjempe flink, Stichery'ene er vakkre. Håper vi får se det ferdige resultatet.
Var selv skikkelig dårlig for ett par uker siden, ikke noe særlig når en ikke følger seg noe særlig.
Ønsker deg en riktig god bedring.

FloS said...

Your mom has done a beautiful job !!!
Florence

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin