Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year ~ New Possibilities!

Happy New Year!

We went to see the public firework at midnight downtown at New Years Eve. It was amazing!

Such a long time since I made my previous blog post! I have been sewing a little bit again, so finally have something to share. I've been making a few things for Christmas, and I can finally share them over here. I made two pairs of pot holders for a couple of future-in-laws for two of the boys. Used my favorite Art To Heart book with these cute snowmen "Easy does it for Christmas". I've also used some of the fabrics from the lines by Nancy Halvorsen. 



Since I've been working on my "Have yourself a quilty little Christmas" quilt (a sew along on Instagram), I also made a scrappy table runner using up some scraps. Love these happy colors! 

Haven't got a nice photo of the Christmas quilt yet, since it's on the floor with the borders floating around the main part of the top. Layout time... but will share a photo of it when I get it pieced together. That must happen soon, before the quilt inspectors start using it as a place to sleep :o)

I've been playing catch up on some of the blocks I started long ago. These Churn Dash blocks are so fun and happy! The pattern is from Lori Holt's "Farm Girl Vintage" book, and my plan is to make a happy table runner when the pile of blocks is large enough.

Wish you all a great new and creative week!
Happy sewing,
Laila

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely projects....especially like the churn dash blocks.....great colours........

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin